Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.needbearings.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We share your personal data with trusted third parties to allow us to achieve the purposes set out above. When we do share your data with these third parties we have written contracts in place with them which require them to only use your data for the purpose we specify to them and that your privacy is secure and respected.
These trusted third parties include the following:
- The service provider who manages our marketing campaigns on our behalf, such as our email marketing provider DotDigital.
- IT service providers, such as our CRM system provider; and
- Fresh Relevance, our Web Personalization provider.
- in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets). In these circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with a prospective buyer and external professional advisors such as accountants, insurers, lawyers or financial institutions.
- Where we have a duty or a legal obligation to do so, such as with the police, administrative authorities, other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreements which we enter into with you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, to request:
- access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) including a copy of it.
- the correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- the deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- for our processing of your personal information to be restricted in certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- to obtain a copy of the personal information you’ve provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice; and
- to withdraw any consent you have provided to our use of your personal data. Where you withdraw consent we will stop using your data for the specific purpose, unless we have an alternative legal basis to use it.
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.